BEST INLINE SKATING SAFETY GEAR
There is no doubt skating is a unique, fun-favorite sporting activity that has become very popular in recent times. A recent survey by the OLS Roller-Skater magazine, skating is the third most popular sporting activity with teenagers.
Only football and basketball rank more popular than skating. The reason why kids and adults are playing and enjoying the sport more is that it gives athletes an opportunity for self-expression. You can skateboard regardless of your body size, height, or age and correctly display skating skills learned.
Since skateboarding is a valuable and respectable sporting activity, you will need to maintain that reputation and prevent any undesirable incidents. With skating being a sports activity, it is also exceptionally more dangerous with the only difference being those skating accidents remains interestingly unique.
The most common injuries in skating are usually the wrists and any other exposed parts of the body that are vulnerable to injuries. It’s also worth noting that the more skaters which take up the sport, the higher the number of accidents is increased.
Between men and women, it is women who seem to be most affected. Age plays a big part too when it comes to injuries. It’s likely the younger generation (12/19 years old) are at risk of being caught up with those injuries due to the amount of activity on the skates.
The typical scenario where an injury may occur is falling off the skates, regardless of the gender. Most of the time, the falls happen in public places and road/transportation places. The most commonly injured body parts during skating include your arms, hands, and a few scratches on other body parts. However, there are many safety measures to prevent these injuries. One is the use of skates’ safety gear.
Therefore, as a parent or as a responsible friend, try to convince your kid or colleague to consider using the required inline skating safety gear which includes a helmet, kneepads, elbow pads, and sometimes gloves.
The following are some of our selected Skates’ safety gear equipment to choose from.
1. Physport Safety Protective Gear S,M,L Size Keen,Elbow,Wrist 6pcs Set Protective Pads
When it comes to toughness, durability, comfort, and all-around protection, this safety gear scores beyond the scoreline. It is one of the top-rated protective equipment suitable for amateur skaters who are learning how to ride or skate. The complete set includes six pieces of protective pads for elbows, knees, and palms. It is natural for kids to fall off on a bike when they start learning to ride. Additionally, most youths aren’t spared.
On the other hand, while adults enjoy these fun leisure activities in their desirable riding speed or styles, protective gears are paramount to help them avoid an accident when rolling or riding
This safety gear comes with three essential packages. The first one is a pair of kneepads which helps relieve patella the pain. Next are wrist pads, which fix wrists and protect the soft tissues. Lastly, are elbow pads that are attached to the elbows and help avoid injury.
- Physport Safety Protective Gear is made up of unique materials among them plastic, nylon, sponge, and breathable mesh.
- The weight of this protective gear averages 350g.
The Physport Safety Protective Gear has three sizes that cater to different people in specific age categories. For instance, Size S ranges 130-155cm in height and is suitable for children weighing 25-40kg, 4-8 years old.
On the other hand, Size M ranges 156-169cm and suitable for children weighing 40-60kg, 9-13 years old. Size L measures 170-185cm, and is ideal for people considering 60-80kg, 14 years–Adult.
It is a top-rated product because of the following exceptional features and specs:
- Physport protective gears are made of durable & wear-resisting PVC and wet absorption cotton which is likely to give you all-around perfect protection.
- This safety gear has a reduced endurance burden always caused by excessive damage to your knees, elbows, and palms
- The protective equipment is highly comfortable for any sporting activity due to the adjustable straps.
- The knee pads and elbow pads are fixed elastic straps, making it easily adjustable.
- This protective gear can be used for multiple activities among them cycling, BMX, biking, inline skate, skateboarding, self-balancing scooter, among others.
2. Triple Eight Certified Helmet
The Triple Eight Certified helmet is a protective gear that you can wear whilst you ride around. The specifications listed below will surpass your expectations, giving you the desirable safety as you ride along at any speed.
This inline skating gear is designed to withstand different types of impact, hence protecting the most delicate part of your body (the brain). Due to it being CPSC
certified, your safety is guaranteed even if you consider taking a fall to go very fast. The helmet is fitted with sweat saver pads, adding comfort when skating or riding. It also contains a thin lining of cloth that holds sweat, preventing the sweat from getting in your eye after a long skating session.
The other advantage with Triple Eight Certified Helmet is that while it absorbs sweat, it lets you remain comfortable by holding any nasty odors. That is an incredibly useful aspect desired by those commuting for long-distance or those who consider storing their helmets without cleaning.
There are many positives about the Triple Eight Certified Helmet. However, as well as positives, there are some negatives. We have listed the positives and negatives of this product below.
Designed with durable material, you can take multiple spills without the outer cover cracking or deforming. Ultimately guaranteeing your safety when riding.
– Available in multiple colors, enabling you to ride around in your favorite color, as well as keeping safe of course.
– A super comfortable fit, and as previously mentioned above, it helps manage moisture in a way that you can never imagine.
– An eye-appealing design, with air holes all along the top for breathing. Most importantly, it is certified across the board.
– This helmet meets safety guidelines for real protection should an accident occur. It is not marketed only for recreational use but also meets US standards for skateboarding, roller-skating, and even bicycle riding for children over the age of 5.
– The size of the helmet is not standard. You might encounter a problem when
it comes to fitting it on a big head (sorry, we had to mention it!)
– It may be less comfortable to wear this protective gear as far as the inner padding goes.
– For skaters who plan to freeride the helmet at specific speeds, you may expect some drawbacks from the subsequent impact due to the hard foam liner.
– The mask is designed as a single impact helmet. Meaning if you take a fall and hit your head, chances are very unlikely as the hard foam absorbs a lot of the impact. It will compress and crack, making it much less useful for subsequent impacts.
– Unlike the Sweatsaver version of the Brainsaver, the thin pads that come in the EPS Hard Foam version get soaked quickly and don’t wick the moisture nearly as well as the terrycloth found in the Sweatsaver.
Skaters of any level use this sturdy and rigid certified helmet because it is a top-rated product when it comes to head protection. This top skate safety equipment is widely purchased because of the following features:
– Complies with U.S. CPSC Safety Standard for Bicycle Helmets and ASTM F- 1492-08 Safety Standards
– Complies with CE EN 1078 – Helmets for pedal cyclists, skateboarders, & roller skaters
– It is ideal for biking, skateboarding, longboarding, inline skating (roller blading), and roller skating.
Before you obtain this helmet for your child or friend, make sure you measure to get the correct fit which protects your head accordingly. More importantly, be sure you
wear this straight across the forehead, rather than pulled back exposing the
3. Traverse Vigilis 2-in-1 Convertible Ski & Snowboard/Bike & Skate Helmet with Mini Visor
One significant aspect which makes this equipment outstanding is the fancy design, giving you a great shape while skating or riding. Yes, it is expensive, however, it remains the most demanded product in the market which is worth its price. The Traverse vigil 2-in-1 helmet is not only lightweight but has the inside lined with a fleece netted cap to keep you warm and wick away any moisture.
– The helmet has mesh materials, which help improve ventilation throughout the mask.
– It has a unique design that is suitable for multiple activities. For example, mountain climbing, cycling, riding, or skating.
– It provides excellent security from the expected injuries faced when skating.
– Crafted out of high-quality material, you can be ensured that durability is guaranteed.
– You can easily personalize the helmet to fit your head with the adjustable dial located at the back.
– It is equipped with fleece snow cap and earmuffs to keep you warm, dry and protected.
– The mask has 14 vents, which help to regulate your body temperature.
– The earmuffs on the helmet are warm, protective, and removable.
– The vents are designed to keep your head dry and your body temperature regular with the two additional layers inside the helmet.
The helmet may be a little oversized for children below 12 years. By far, this outdoor recreational product proves to be the best. More especially if you consider style and elegance as your top priority.
This helmet comes in multiple colors among them Matte Ash, Matte Coralroot, Matte Dew, Matte-Graphite, Matte Ice Green, Matte Obsidian, Matte Sky Blue, Matte Slate, Matte Snowcap, Matte Star White, Matte Vapor.
This safety gear comes in mainly three sizes. The first size is the large-X-large which measures 56-60cm, Small-Medium size, and lastly, small-Medium size measuring 54-58cm.
4. Triple 8 Saver Series Wrist savers/Knee savers/Elbow savers
As the old saying suggests, ‘prevention is better than cure’. You should struggle to save your body parts while at the same time save some money.
The Triple 8 Saver Series safety gear has proved to surpass these qualities, ensuring that it improves your convenience and remain affordable. Its main purpose is to protect your wrists, knees, and elbows. It comes in a 3-Pack Box containing Wristsavers, Kneesavers, and Elbowsavers. It guarantees that each body part will be protected as you engage in your leisure-fulfilling and fun activity.
The price tag may put you off, however, it is still among the most demanded product in the market. It is widely purchased due to its unique and attractive specifications. These include a complete set of paddings that offers protection without restricting movements.
– It comes in a three-pack box. Triple Eight’s Knee Saver Knee Pads, Elbow saver Elbow Pads, and Wrist saver Wrist Guards.
– The knee pads and elbow pads are made of high-grade durable fabrics, EVA foam padding.
– The helmet has polycarbonate full coverage caps to provide superior protection without restricting movement.
– The wrist guards offer perfect support and protection with great impact-resistant molded ABS splints.
- The product is lightweight. This means you won’t feel weighed down as you enjoy your fun activity.
- Triple 8 Saver Series has a shock-absorbing property.
- The Ventilated EVA foam provides fresh air flow and limits perspiration.
- The product is ergonomically designed for comfort.
The Kneesavers provides essential protection, allowing you to skate with confidence and classic style. The Triple 8 Saver Series is made up of high-grade durable fabrics, shock-absorbing EVA foam padding, and full-coverage caps. Ultimately guaranteeing your protection with a breathable, easy on/off the pad.
- You may find the size of the wristbands might be a bit small.
- The knee pads, on the other hand, do not seem to cushion enough.
- The materials used to make the knee pads aren’t durable and might wear off after too many falls.
- The knee pads tend not to move around causing you to continually re-adjust.
5. PlayWheels Disney Frozen Glitter Kids Roller Skates with Knee Pads – Junior Size 6-12
The PlayWheels Disney Frozen Glitter Kids Roller with knee pads is every child’s dream pads. You can gift these sparkly protective knee pads to your children who are more than likely to be very excited to receive them.
This product is recommended for beginners who won’t stop skating with them. However, it is useful to know that this protective gear is dedicated to keeping kids active, as well as helping to build their skills whilst having fun!
As a parent, these safety gears allow you to choose from a selection of scooters, skates, and skateboards which represent your child’s all-time favorite characters from brands such as Disney, Marvel, and Nickelodeon.
In either case, it’s vital to ensure your kid wears these paramount protective gear (skate helmet, knee pads, elbow pads, and wrist guards) which is likely to support his/her skill development.
These products are not only affordable to many users, but it offers a complete package of skates plus skates’ safety gear.
The PlayWheels is perfect for kids learning how to skate, as it comes with kneepads for safety. It comes with the brakes for smooth stops, a sturdy plastic frame, and strap buckles. You can also adjust the size with a convenient thumbscrew.
The PlayWheels Disney Frozen Glitter Junior Skate with Knee Pads Features
The features of the knee pads include the following:
- Velcro straps for a simple adjustment.
- Both skates have toe brakes for natural slowing or stopping.
- Impact-resistant clear PVC cap with back graphics.
- Adjustable roller skates and knee pad set that grows with your child.
- Convenient thumb screws allow for 2” adjustment from Junior Size 6-12 with no tools required.
- Impact-resistant PVC knee caps ensure extra protection plus comfortable size adjusting.
This product is recommended for children aged 3 through 6 years; whose weight capacity is 45 lbs
6. Adult / Youth Protective Gear, Knee Pads Elbow Pads and wrist Pads
This set of knee pads, elbow pads, and wrist pads from SKL is taking the market by storm. The durability as well as an incredible collection of inline skating safety gear is highly rated and comes with a very reasonable price, which further justifies why it is market demand.
This safety gear has the following features:
- Perfect size, with Wrist guard, knee pads, and elbow pads included.
- The adjustable straps could be flexible to different sizes of knee elbow and wrist. The knee pads elbow pads with wrist guards could offer custom flexibility which suits the user desire.
- Available to use for many different sports, including skateboarding, rollerblading, riding a scooter, bicycle, ice and roller skating.
- The knee-elbow and wrist pads are flexible and suitable for multi-sports protection such as cycling, BMX, biking, inline skate, skateboarding, scootering, and other extreme sports.
- You can have a modern outfit with the fashionable design of the cap and pads.
- The protective gear consists of durable and sturdy PP, PE materials with a breathable polyester sleeve to wear. Protecting you during the multi-sports purpose.
- It is a wholesome package that is meant to offer adults protection in the various sporting activities, giving you the ultimate peace of mind during tumbles and falls.
The package includes Knee Pads, Elbow Pads, and Wrist Guards.
This set of protective gear has some incredible features that make it a high demand product regardless of its price. The features include:
- It contains multiple adjustable straps that have an excellent fit that is desired.
- The straps are also elastic so they can easily stretch enough to fit well.
- This safety gear also has some handy Velcro closures that also play a significant role in getting a secure fit no matter the size of knee girth.
- The gear is quite suitable for all adult sizes.
- This safety gear has a high ability to impact resistance.
- The protective gear is durable and made of sturdy material with the breathable liner to act against external pressure.
This multi-sports gear is suitable for many sports, including skateboarding, inline skating, cycling bicycle, mountain biking, Road Bike BMX MTB, and other extreme sports.
7. Fvstar Knee Pads 6 in 1 Thicken Elbow Wrist Protective Gear
Even though this protective gear is cheap, it is still the best regarding its quality and pricing. The Fvstar Knee pads protective gear is an impressive set in a little price suitable for beginners with a fixed budget.
There is no doubt that your son or daughter is likely to be a fan of this protective gear, and you can consider gifting it to anyone as a present. It has the following amazing features:
- The protective equipment is made up of high-quality material, PVC shell, and a thickened soft sponge.
- It has a Velcro strap design, slip-resistant, and convenient.
- Adjustable straps of protective gears make you comfortable in sports.
The complete set comes in a pack of three. 2pcs Knee pads, 2pcs elbow pads, and 2pcs Waist pads. It is an excellent choice as a birthday or Christmas gift for your kids. It also comes with two primary colors; red and blue.
This protective gear is suitable for all outdoor activities, including skateboard, rollerblading, riding a scooter, and BMX cycling.
The product comes in four primary sizes: Size M, L, S, and Size XL.
Size S: fits 51 – 59 inches, 55 – 88 lb Weight, suitable for 4 – 8 years old
Size M: fits 59 – 65 inches, 80 – 132 lb Weight, and ideal for 9 – 13 years old children
Size L: fits 65 – 71 inches, 132 – 176 lb Weight, and recommended for 14 years old and Adult
Size XL fits 71 inches, suitable for people more massive than 176 lb, Adult.
8. Burton Impact Wrist Guard
Burton Impact Wrist Guard is a stealth wrist protection gear that’s been secretly protecting wrists for years. This product gives your wrists the respect they deserve in addition to their fancy looks and perfect features.
This protective gear is sleek, has a low-profile design, and comfortably fits under snowboard gloves. This will give you top-secret security. The soft padding is easily adjustable and keeps them comfortably locked around your wrists.
It is also most sought after in the market due to its low price and super standard high quality. For example, the Burton Impact wrist guards, which offers these features at the lowest possible cost: 60%NBR 10% POLY 20% NY 10% PE.
Those who have obtained the product have recommended it for saving their wrists while learning, meaning you should not worry when falling. This protective gear is also suitable for the intermediate riders who occasionally take some nasty falls.
- They are sturdy and comfortable which helps to prevent many injuries while skating.
- They are rigid.
- They fit uniformly.
- These guards can afford you more mobility without any sacrifice of joint protection.
- The price point can be a bit high and inconvenience.
- Even though this protective gear is durable, they look worse if they start to wear and ages quickly once the aging process begins.
Whereas playing sports is a fan activity admired by both adults and children, they are at risk of being victims of sports-related injuries. Of course, nearly half of those injuries can be prevented with the proper use of safety gear.
Luckily, many people are beginning to use the essential protective equipment as they engage in any outdoor sports activity. Some different skating safety accessories are available in the market, within a wide range of price.
However, before selecting a product, be sure to know your needs and to make sure the product is suitable for the sport you play before purchasing. Skates’ safety gears are a necessity, not a luxury, especially when one has just started to learn the sport.
They especially help when a skater loses balance and falls. Injuries are more likely to occur if the skater lands on a hard road. Therefore, helmet and all other gear are a must-have before one starts his/ her skating experience.
You have the safety gear, now where can you practice skating safely?
If you’re a beginner, or a first-timer at the sport, the best places to learn to skate are the obstacle-free spaces. Smooth pieces of pavements with grass beside it, unused tennis courts and empty parking lots are ideal locations to practice.
Of course, any green grass is the best place as you are very likely to fall when learning to skate, so the grass will provide a soft place to fall.
We recommend you avoid the well-traveled trails and parks at first, allowing you to practice your skills so you can maneuver safely.
Another safe place is your local outdoor/indoor skating rink. These places are very clean, and even when the rink is busy, the traffic flow is controlled, enabling you to learn the intricacies of skating.